· Whenever possible, disassemble furniture and wrap table legs in packing material
· Stack lightweight chairs seat-to-seat or upside down on other furniture
· Place a pallet or plastic sheet on the floor and stand sofas on end
· Place a light dust cover over your furniture
· Use wardrobe boxes to safely store hanging clothes
FURNITURE AND CLOTHES
· Be sure to pack your files and documents in smaller boxes for easier lifting
· Pack books flat to protect their spines
· Use packing material to fill any empty pockets in the boxes
· Label all boxes on several sides with the list of contents
FILES, RECORDS, AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
COMPUTER AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
· Make sure your equipment is clean and dry before it is stored
· Any equipment with sealing doors, such as refrigerators, should be stored with their doors slightly ajar
· Use dish-pack or glassware boxes for greater protection
· Place a layer of packing inside the bottom and at the top of boxes containing fragile items.
· Wrap each item with protective wrap or foam.
· Stack dishes on their side and glassware upright.
· Pack paper into all open spaces to ensure a tight fit.
· Label all boxes containing delicate items "FRAGILE."